"Life is so very difficult." That is what Norbert said to me when I asked how his day was going. When I pressed him as to what he had done he told me that was his own personal private business. He yawned and went to sleep. My suspicion is he did nothing today. Again.
It is a bit of a sad week. My mom's birthday is tomorrow and my nana died 9 years ago on the 6th. Her death doesn't pinch like my mom's death does but I sure do miss her. She was a great Nana and she and I were very close. When I think of her now I do not think of her in death but in life and all the fun we used to have.
The picture to the left if the tree my husband planted for me a year after my mom died. The damn deer came and destroyed it. We were hoping the tree would come back but I think it is done. If you can see the garden frog by the sign you will see that his eye is chipped. My mom was walking through the garden centre beside her work one day and bought him because she felt sorry for it and knew nobody would want it.

We planted some lavender today. Have I mentioned that lavender is my favourite? This is Spanish Lavender.
This old wheelbarrow was sitting in a scrap heap at a thrift store so I grabbed it and planted Marigolds. You can see in the background there is more lavender, but a different type. There is also Trillium that is from my husband's mom's garden. I never met her because she died 3 months before my husband and I met.
I also weeded. A lot! Two huge garbage cans full. I just weeded last week and I am not really sure where all the weeds came from. We are slowly winning the fight with the invasive ivy. Today I pulled a lot out that was between the neighbour that taps and our yard.
This is our other cat. He is 17 and his interests are sleeping and eating. And eating. He likes to pretend that he is old and feeble but if you throw a cat treat he moves like a fucking cheetah. He loves to eat. He also likes to pretend he can't get on the bed but we decided that we weren't going to help him anymore then all of a sudden he could do it. He wanted me to tell you that he likes to eat and would not turn down cat treats is you want to bring him some.
...resting on our swing. I scored the swing for free. He will spend the summer here. He will not move if someone else wants to sit on it.
Other than my arms being scratched up to bits from weeding it was a good day!
Bluebirds of Happiness. I will thank you for not mentioning how filthy my window is!
Sounds a great deal like my life. Only my Sheldon is named Luna and she doesn't come into the house. And she drools. Like a fountain. Which is why she doesn't come into the house.
ReplyDeleteI love lavender... I've never tried to grow it myself. I wonder why..hmmm. You'll have to let us know how it goes. Is it a hardy plant? My thumb is more brownish-green rather than nice green.
ReplyDeleteI like the frog. Very cute.
Sheldon looks so comfy on that swing!
ReplyDeleteI love lavender. My cats have the same interests, along with wapping each other...I think it is a cat thing regardless of age. Hell, those are my interests!
ReplyDeleteI think you should do another planting in memory of your mom.
Hang in there. The first few anniversaries are the toughest.
It looks like it was a lovely day -- your garden is beautiful. Like your mom, I often buy things because there's something about them which I think makes them unsaleable. It is great that you had such a close relationship with your Nana.
ReplyDeleteThe swing obviously belongs to Sheldon. Because cats eventually take over our world, don't they?
ReplyDeleteI like that your mom bought that frog. Sounds like she was a very sensitive person.
It's my late MIL's birthday today(the 6th) as well. My dad's birthday is in three days.
ReplyDeleteI was also out in the yard, but got next to nothing accomplished. Still have a half a yard full of snow. It's receding though, that's all that matters.
Aww (((Sheldon))) - I'm in love. Sounds like a good day, hopefully you will have another planting for your Mum and enjoy those good memories of your Nana. The garden is looking lush.
ReplyDeleteYes, I see what you meant in your comment.
ReplyDeleteGiddy with pleasure and fresh air. What’s not to love?
I love your yard. Lavender smells awesome, I love it too.
ReplyDeleteI love 'smelly' plants so I approve of the lavender.
ReplyDeleteCats are good at pretending to be helpless. We have one who mews at the door and pretends the cat flap is too high for her to open. But just you watch when tea time comes round. Rattle the biscuits and she'll be through the door like it wasn't there!
I was planting out pots today too. No lavender though. Now I'm jealous.
ReplyDeleteI loved my Nan too. She died when I was 11, and I still miss her. I'm sorry for your loses.
Sorry to see what happens to your tree and that you are feeling a bit down about the upcoming anniversaries.
ReplyDeleteLove the smell of lavender and your old and always hungry cat!