It is 2:42. And yes, I am awake. Last night I had my bath and by 8:00 I was so tired. My daughter, the poor lamb was curled up in a ball on her bed with cramps and had fallen asleep. I ran her a hot bath and gave her some ibuprofen and went to bed to read but I couldn't hold up the book. My C-Pap was on and the light was off so I guess I decided to just sleep. And yet again, it is the middle of the night and I'm awake. oh well
My great great great grandmother.
Yesterday I went to our family history library and eeeeeeee! I had so much fun! The people there were as excited as I was about geneology as I am. It was cool because I was able to teach them some things about doing a search but they were able to teach me even more. I had always been under the impression that the library and the archives were housed in the same place. It turns out not to be the case. And they turned me on to more resources for checking my family's past. In the field of geneology I am considered to be advanced, just a step down from expert but I am always, always learning new things. OK, I have had my toast and milk and I am going to try to go back to sleep.
Have you considered offering to do genealogy for other people (for a price, of course!)
There are people out there who offer such a service and, since you're an expert you could have a potentially enjoyable (even if only part time) career.
I'd love to be able to cut my own hours down to four days and do something I LIKED for the other day.
I'm with MorningAJ, maybe this is your path; you be helping others and doing something that is curios, challenging and that expands people minds. I myself find out so much about my own family right before my grand mother and a relative of my father died that was both sad and uplifting.
Good for MorningAJ to say it first.. that's exactly what I was thinking. I'll bet it could be a profitable side business for you.. though probably time consuming.
I'll be you have spent much time looking at your GGGGrandmother's face and trying to find a glimpse of yourself - your parent- your kids. Very cool.
Wow, how fascinating to be able to see your ggg-grandmother's face, to actually know what she looked like! The research itself must be so absorbing.
ReplyDeleteVery exciting! Learning about our family's history and all the people we stem from is fascinating.
ReplyDeleteHave you considered offering to do genealogy for other people (for a price, of course!)
ReplyDeleteThere are people out there who offer such a service and, since you're an expert you could have a potentially enjoyable (even if only part time) career.
I'd love to be able to cut my own hours down to four days and do something I LIKED for the other day.
I'm with MorningAJ, maybe this is your path; you be helping others and doing something that is curios, challenging and that expands people minds.
ReplyDeleteI myself find out so much about my own family right before my grand mother and a relative of my father died that was both sad and uplifting.
I was JUST on my ancestry app looking at stuff. I love me some genealogy!
ReplyDeleteGood for MorningAJ to say it first.. that's exactly what I was thinking. I'll bet it could be a profitable side business for you.. though probably time consuming.
ReplyDeleteI'll be you have spent much time looking at your GGGGrandmother's face and trying to find a glimpse of yourself - your parent- your kids. Very cool.
So did you? Go back to sleep?
ReplyDeleteI find that I usually don’t drop off again until it’s nearly time to get up.
I am glad you have something to be passionate about. it means you’re getting better.
Genealogy is awesome! I think I would have liked ancestors more than some current family members.
ReplyDeleteThis waking up at all hours is the pits but at least you get up and blog.
ReplyDelete