Today I thought it a good idea to go and get a few groceries. My daughter came along and did all the lifting so I thought I would be fine. It was a terrible idea! By the time I got to the front door of the grocery store I was tired. Anyway, we grabbed a hundred dollars worth and I very glad to be home. What was I thinking?
My kitchen sink is clogged. I feel sorry for it because being backed up is a drag.
Had a 2-hour nap and could have kept sleeping and sleeping and sleeping. Need to have a shower. I have had a shower everyday since surgery but I stink. What is up with that?
My bottom hurts so I have invented a little way of sitting on my lower back with my legs stretched out on the ottoman. Fuck, I look so damn sexy. Just need to release some gas and my husband will want to have sex with me.
God, I am so boring. I have nothing to say. Instead I will tell what my kids did today. Pulled the damned invasive ivy. Swept the carport. Cleaned the driveway of pinecones. Swept the deck. Plunged a sink. Made dinner. Filled the bird feeder.
OK, I am going to go have a shower to remove the stench.
Showers are balm for what ails us. I am glad your surgery went well and that you are recovering. Take it slow. Take care of you.
ReplyDeleteDear Birdie -- do nothing but rest! Rest and fart!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are running before you should be... Please take it easy. And I don't know what it is about surgery and why it makes a person pong. But it does. Just the same, showers with nice soaps/oils/lotions are bliss.
ReplyDeleteI think it's the anaesthetic that makes you smelly. Sometimes I get like that even if I've had to take strong pain killers.
ReplyDeleteIt goes away. It just takes time.
Stand down-wind of anyone who counts. They'll never notice. ;)
Painkillers! That's why I stunk all winter! I thought it must have something to do with getting older. Whew. Sort of. I still need the pain killers. Damn. They should come up with a pill to make us smell good.
ReplyDeleteAre you crazy woman!!! Yes! What were you thinking. Make a list of stuff then send someone shopping. That's how it works. Jeeze! Do I have to come out there and smack you in the head? Just kidding... really.
ReplyDeleteI said take it easy and I meant it. This is serious. Do be careful.
The part about your sink being stopped up made me laugh histerically. I'm sorry, but it was just too funny.
Yes, I agree with AJ and that it might be the anesthesia. Probably releasing from your system, which is a good thing, so just try to hang in there.
ReplyDeleteWow, your kids did all that!? I asked my son to clean the snow off my car this morning but he has a cold and went back to bed. So I got to wrench my sore shoulder and elbow even more doing it myself. What fun~ not!
Just catching up.
ReplyDeleteFunny -- and painful. I feel for you!
Pearl
Hang in there! I am glad you still have a sense of humor and haven't bumped off everyone in your house.
ReplyDeleteYou need to be sitting on your ass and drinking lots of water. It will flush all the meds out of your system. That your period started (reading new to old) makes sense that you think you stink, my sense of smell is always super heightened when I'm flowing. I'm forever running around thinking stuff stinks.
ReplyDeleteEveryday i am sure, you will be less and less tired! Just take it easy for now! xoxox
ReplyDelete