Saturday, March 16, 2013

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jog

Home again from the Gordon Lightfoot concert.  It was excellent but a little subdued.  He doesn't appear to be well.  He appeared to be unwell with perhaps a cold.  Or maybe I just noticed because I work a lot with the elderly.  If I were to write a sentence in a medical communication I would say, "Patient is pale and appears listless. Not overly talkative today. May be getting a cold. Please monitor." But he can still sing for a man of 74 and it was a great evening.  His music is the type that speaks to your soul and I had tears in my eyes at more than one point. Here are some pictures. 

Bonus points if you know who this is.

If You Could Read My Mind, Love


Well, I took more pictures but they didn't turn out too well.  I don't usually take a lot of pictures at concerts because I like to be in the moment.  Here is a picture on Norbert.  He had just watched a program on PBS on ring-tailed lemurs and liked how they hook their tales around stuff.


This is me looking less disheveled than I usually do.  I find it weird that I walk around thinking I look OK then I see a picture of myself and realize, not so much. 

We went out for dinner and I had Yorkshire pudding that was almost the size of my head.  Add a Phillips Chocolate Porter and YUM!

Here is a picture of my papa. He was about the age my own boy is now.  (17/18) Getting ready to go off to a war that he would never talk about after he returned home.  He was injured but refused to talk about it. I am told though that he was very proud of this car. 



And it is so nice to be home with my husband to my kids and the cats and my space on the love seat.  Dinner is cooking and I am content. 



18 comments :

  1. I went to see Lightfoot back in the late 70s. He was very unpleasant to his band. It changed how I felt about his music.. for a long while. I couldn't reconcile the jerky attitude with the beautiful lyrics. That was back is back in his heavy drinking days, I figure. I've gotten past that and can appreciate his great talent. I'm glad you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea who is in the first picture...
    You have the bluest eye I think I have ever seen, Birdie...
    Lovely...
    Glad you had a good time...
    Glad you are content...
    Gosh....
    I,m just darn glad about everything!!!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gordon Lightfoot! I love him. I saw him about 7 years ago at the Warner Theater in Torrington, Connecticut. My response was the same as yours. I wondered, "Should he be doing this?" at hte same time I was thrilled he was. All those 70s songs conjured tender moments from my growing up years. He is the king of the ballad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely know who Gordon Lightfoot is!! Comes a time when they all should retire.

    My husband never like to talk about Korea either. Why can't we have world peace?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pics, and you look great! I love how your cat is imitating a lemur. It looks like Pete Townshend in the first picture but it can't be, as he always wears suits, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. O dear, poor Gordon. Early Morning Rain and For Loving Me are two of my favourites of his. And yeah, I know what you mean about the thinking you look ok thing -- but you actually do look perfectly fine, especially considering you have to bundle up, so no worries :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda is right about your STUNNING blue eyes. Wow.
    I love Norbert the ring-tailed ungrateful bastard - and am pleased a) that you enjoyed the concert and b) that you are happy to be home. Have you got any sleep yet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just popped over from R Kitty's blog because your comment there made me laugh. Wow that Yorkshire pudding looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What Linda and The Elephant's Child said, I envy your true blue eyes. You look amazeballs for supposedly being "disheveled". And I'm scouring the internet for the bonus points because I'm ashamed to admit I have no idea who the person in your first photo is...although I blame the angle of the picture moreso than my lack of knowledge ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  10. How nice that you got a chance to see Gordon Lightfoot in concert. I've always enjoyed his music. Why do we women always judge ourselves so harshly. I think you look beautiful.

    I love that photo of your father. Old photographs speak volumes. It's tragic, though, how such young men were sent to war.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Norbert learns fast. That Yorkshire Pud looks very unusual - over here they are round and kind of flat. It certainly looks almost as big as your head. No idea who the guy is though I probably should know. Glad you are enjoying being home again with your family. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A familiar quote: the home is where the heart is -- your father was sure a nice looking young man! -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you enjoyed the Gordon Lightfoot concert! He never was very talkative in concerts, from what I understand. He prefers to let his songs speak for him. Anyway, yes, he's getting on up there in years and has already cheated death a couple of times.

    Thank you so much for the leprechaun you left in my comments today! I don't know how you figure out how to do those great illustrations, but I love it!

    And you don't look disheveled, you look quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What everyone else has already said...that's what happens when you get to the party late! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Norbet looks very comfortable. Sensible cat.

    And you look lovely and relaxed!

    But ... Gordon Lightfoot? I loved him, and that took me back many years! We saw Pavarotti perform here in South Africa, he was also ill and old. Found it sad.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Being content is pretty amazing!

    I am glad you had fun at the concert, and that picture of you is amazing!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  17. gordon lightfoot is something special)))all those songs, stories, truths, painful witnessings and his praising the simple moment, he must be more than a man.

    i understand what you mean about taking a photograph of yourself. it's surprising to see how it is that we are embodied, isn't it, when we feel like something else inside? these bodies are just vehicles. they could never truly reflect that which we carry, could they? but nonetheless, here you are and you're beautiful:)

    xo
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH, but you do look OK, very okay!! Love that photo of Norbert, too. He and my Greta might get on well, or maybe not. Their moods might not be quite in sync.
    Even though he might not be his old self, it's terrific that GL is still performing and I'm glad you got to see him.

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18