Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Post Before the Reorganization of the South of Birdie

Now, isn't that a title?  Surgery tomorrow at 9:45 a.m.  Check in at 8:15. I can't say that I am not a little nervous.  I want my mom.  As in MOMMY! 

Went for a drive today and I spent a lot of money on books. A lot of money.  The last 5 days I have spent over $150.00. My excuse is I am going to be laid up for 6 weeks but as an reader knows, it is just an excuse. 

My computer is back in the repair shop so right now I am using my husband's dinosaur that takes up half the room.  OK, not half the room or even close but it is not my laptop.
  
My skin is all dried up and itchy as a dog with a flea infestation.  The hospital gave me this awful smelling soap and it has removed all moisture from my skin.  I have to do it again in the morning before I go into the hospital.  There are probably no antibacterial properties at all to the soap.  It likely works on the premise that nothing can live where there is no moisture.  

Earlier I took a picture of the Ungrateful Bastard being nice and sleeping on my lap but he took off like a cat on a hot tin roof as soon as he heard that the canned cat food was being served.  This week I went to Costco and bought him a big ass bag of cat kibble that needed a fork lift to move but is that good enough for Norbert?  Yeah, no.  Evev if he even suspects there is a less than a weeks worth of food in his dish he starts  to whine and howl. 

OK, I am off to bed.  Need to take a few an Ativan.  Will post when I get home from the hospital on Thursday or Friday. Because I am a true hypochondriac I am thinking I may die during surgery but I hope not even though I didn't want to live about a month back.  

16 comments :

  1. I'll keep you in my best thoughts, Birdie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sending prayers your way dear friend, sorry I have been MIA but cancer decided to lead my race in this life, I am slowly gaining strength and trying to get back to blogging.... be strong love & blessings Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending so many good wishes your way. And of course you NEEDED books. And equally of course, Norbert was just being a cat. Jazz whines for more food before he has finished what is on his plate. And then whines again when he has finished Jewel's food.
    GOOD LUCK TOMORROW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't do anything but get well soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A reader can never have too many books. Money well spent!

    Good luck with the surgery, and I wish you a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck with your southern surgery, Birdie! May your recovery be blessed by the healing hands of Brigid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you...wishing you a speedy recovery. XO~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be thinking about you today. I hope all goes well and easily.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending thoughts and prayers your way....get back to blogland when you can

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I so admire your bravery for going through with this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore you, whatever mood you’re in.
    Allowing for time zones and things it’ll all be over by now and you’ll be propping up the pillows like Lady Muck.
    My best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery to you, dear Birdie.

    I expect you’ll have something suitably irreverent to post when you back to the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope everything went well...as well. May you have a lovely garden to watch grow while recovering. And you being laid up means loads of posts from you so that's always a good thing :-) Take care of yourself and keep us posted, as always. Hugs and kisses and lots of warm thoughts headed your way...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is just great! I have to try NOT to be funny for the next couple of weeks until you're healed. That's awesome! (I almost killed my Derwood after hernia surgery once, I made him laugh so hard he almost popped a gut. Literally.)

    Kidding aside, I hope you had a successful surgery, I hope your lady bits end up in all the right spots and I hope that you have a speedy recovery. Take precious care!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sending you good thoughts! I hope it went very well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Barbara...I lost track of time...
    Best wishes to you...
    All will be fine...
    Will check in on you later!!!

    Be safe, my friend...
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eeeek! Good luck! I know it has already happened at this point and I hope to god you are doing alright and not in too much pain!

    I must read on!

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18