Thursday, March 15, 2012

Further Proof of His Evil Reign

Before I moved, Norbert was always an indoor cat.  He wasn't allowed out even though he tried to escape daily.  I did not let him out because we lived on a highway and he would have ended up in the next town over in the grill of someone's car.  Back then I suspected he was Satan's father but now I know he is. 
Today he killed a bird.  After he brought it in the house and had great fun with it too. Feathers everywhere.  I know most of you are thinking no big deal, right?  It is a big deal!  I let flies out so I don't have to kill them!  I capture spiders and put them outside because I don't have it in me to kill something.  
And now this.  Let me tell you, he is very proud of what he has done.  He walks with a "you're next if you don't buy me soft cat food" swagger.  
I have owned a lot of cats and none have every killed things before.  No, I am wrong.  Norbert has killed spiders before too. Actually, he doesn't kill them.  He catches and releases over and over again.  The spider ends up with two legs begging to die.  At this point he eats the spider.  
I know he is practising for his ultimate kill.  Me. I know he secretly hates me.  Sure he snuggles up to me in bed and purrs but it is a ruse to deprive me of sleep and catch me off guard.
I don't know what to say about the bird.  Right now Norbert is walking around all bad-ass and proud of this addition to his rap sheet.  Bad cat.  

12 comments :

  1. Norbert is what we might call a "real" cat. Sorry.
    Jessie says her cat will hunt and kill and bring home a...worm. He proudly puts it in the middle of the dining room.
    An earthworm.
    Oh boy. Yeah. Now THERE'S a hunter, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my.....what a fantastic laugh you've given me today!!! Thank you for that!! I am so sorry you are traumatized by the bird, but hey, Norbert is just doing what bad ass cats do, they hunt.

    That cat is the bomb, I swear :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can so relate to this!

    i had a cat that would bring me mice trophies.... made me sick! i never killed the mice... i had live traps so i could later go out and release them...

    in one house i actually had a mouse room... it was all set up for them... that way we could all cohabitate without much poop in the towels and such...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Love that jail photo.

    Some of our sweet four-legged friends turn to brutal killers when the chance comes. Greta has probably gotten quite a few crickets in our basement. I don't remember seeing her chase any, but they are alive and then later they are dead.
    One of the dogs got a bird or two over the years. Probably Ollie, since his breed is for hunting. We've never used him in that capacity, but the urge is there I suppose. He bites at flies that have gotten in the house. Gotten a few of them too, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I greatly appreciated a previous feline family member who caught and ate a gopher a day, until there were none. She didn't bring them indoors. She did a good disposal job. My flowers stopped disappearing.
    Current feline had a nail trim this morning. She hunts red leather couches and warm spots in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so showing this to my DH who has rolled his eyes for years over having to put the bugs outside.

    Yeah, love my cats, but the little gifts they bring I can do without. Fortunately for me the group of cats I got now aren't really hunters, but the last group... Let's just say that my vet, bless his heart, patiently took quite a few what do I do for the, bird, snake, rabbit, turtle, etc., calls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm wondering why I haven't visited you. Whenever I check my friend's recent post, I'd miss yours.

    It's so odd. LOL.

    Anyway, if yours was a bird... mine was a mouse. And she isn't even a cat. She's a dog who played with a dead mouse... I'm pretty sure it died of shock.

    Anyway, happy St. Patrick's.

    Huggies and Cheese,

    Haopee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha go Norbert! He would get along famously with Roller who out of the dozens of cats I've had over the decades is the only hunter. I was horrified by the Blue Jays on so many levels....first because he had the audacity to kill them and leave them on my welcome mat bur secondly who in the world can actually catch a blue jay? Fruit rats are his specialty which i appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cats hunt, it's what they do. And bringing home a dead animal to you is a great compliment. It means he loves you. It is his gift to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your posts re Norbet make me laugh xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no! It would bother me if one of my animals killed something too. Maybe it was already dead?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Norbert is right up there with the Top Cats for the things he does... I have two, one is a placid guy who lets bugs go free and the other is a match for Norbert, looking for anything that moves to be slammed with her claws.

    Today she caught a sweet little frog and was playing with it. She ran away from me when she saw me coming after her to rescue it. She was furious when I took it away and let it go where she couldn't get it. She hasn't spoken to me in hours. I think, like you, when I finally fall asleep she will lie on my pillow and suffocate me with her tail to get back at me. I'm still awake....... (I love your stories, Birdie.)

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18