Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Oh my American friends!  This is causing me stress!  I want this so badly for you.  I want Obama to finish what he has started.  I want you all to have medical treatment that won't bankrupt your family.  For that reason alone I want this for you.  

Being born in Canada I know Universal Medical Care works.  It is not perfect but it is so much better than watching your child have an asthma attack and not being able to take her to the hospital.  I remember several years back I was having a conversation with another blogger and she was talking about her daughter having an asthma attack.  My own daughter has asthma and I was telling her to take her child to the hospital right away.  Excuse me for my smugness.  I didn't understand that she could not afford it. At that point I has never paid a lot of of attention to American politics.  How could the 'best country in the world' not take care of a child?  As I looked into it more I realized this was not uncommon.  The same went for the elderly.  The part that bothered me the most is that the party that was stopping it was the so called 'Christian' party.  So backward!  Are Christians not called to care for the sick, feed the hungry and clothe the poor?  Instead the 'Christian' party was giving tax breaks to big business. (Incidentally, the same this happens here in Canada and the party is trying to dismantle out Universal Medical Care.)  It is wrong.  

OK, I am getting off my soapbox.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

He did it!  Just as I hit post we turned on the news and Obama is 44th President of United States.  Yay!

14 comments :

  1. Phew. BIG sigh of relief. I'm a little miffed it was so close. Obviously our education system needs some more attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're in! :-) I remember how most of my 20s I didn't have medical insurance because I didn't have enough education (or wasn't old enough) to land a job with medical insurance. Thanks to Obamacare people in this age bracket will be covered until age 26. I could have used that back then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People over here complain about our NHS. Sure it's expensive and lots of treatments aren't available quickly, everywhere. But when we need emergency help we get it. They don't ask if we can (or should) pay until afterwards.

    With my health problems I'd be dead by now in America. Why would anyone campaign against free health care?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a numbers person I paid attention 11-12 @ 11- 12 PM the collective energy of the universe spoke and at 1:38 AM ( another 12) President Obama accepted the challenge to move us Forward!!! Quite impressive during a Mercury Retrograde which simple means "We" sent our message out into the "Universe" and WON! ~~HUGS~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have universal health care here as well. I would really like to see dental care added to the mix and there are other areas where it is less than perfect, but it is sooooo much better than the alternatives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad Obama won. But America would win even more if the Republicans would just stop being so damn obstructionist over every little thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Debra, the Republicans need to be less obstructive. It's sad and makes them look like a bunch of whiny babies.

    We're lucky to live in Canada, it's the best place in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, we've heard. Obama is on his second term. People must trust him to have given him another term.

    I do hope a lot of people will get their medical care. My sister has an asthmatic boy and she says that medical expenses are quite expensive there.

    Huggies and Cheese,

    Haopee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am happy to see that Americans may soon enjoy health care as well. Hopefully, we will not lose ours although maybe a small co-pay could be paid to very good, experienced doctors to keep them from going elsewhere. I could live with that - the doc could always waive it for those unable to pay.

    Those Republicans ARE very childish and what control freaks! They'd better get over themselves, the tide has turned and stodgy white guys don't command respect so much any more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen, sister! We went to bed very relieved.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a conservative and a Republican. I promise that we are not all obstructionists, childish and control freaks. I want the best for my family, just as you want the same for yours. You will find that many Republicans are kind, compassionate and very generous.

    I am disappointed in the election.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cheering here too in the early morning. Health care is taken for granted here and I am with you completely on that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was so excited when he won again...he will do more great things for our American friends!

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18