Friday, November 02, 2012

It is 3:34 a.m. and I am taking a break from my school work. I forgot how much studying can take out of you!  My mind is bathed! I am excited though. Already I have learned something and I love that.  Many times in the past I have said I could be a professional student because I love to learn.  It doesn't even matter what I am learning as long as I am finding out about things I did not know before.

One thing I have not mentioned in a while is how my weight loss is going.  Very simply, it's not. When we went away this month I ate and ate and ate.  TOPS is also not the support that I thought it would be.  The meetings consist of the minutes from the last meeting, a joke or two is read and then someone reads a magazine article from a magazine like Prevention.  *sigh*  Anyway, onwards and upwards (or downwards in this case).  I will keep at it.  I am being mindful of what I eat. I know what I really need to do but putting it into action is where I mess up.  

And because I have been busy and not  had time to post about our holiday and wedding I am posting pictures. 
A lone man stands at a grave at the military cemetery.  Who was he remembering?
This is the Molson Family mausoleum.  Somebody was compensating for something.
Not the Black Dog of Depression. 


I call this one Stereotype.
 A French artist painting a picture while smoking a cigarette while wearing a beret. 
Too funny not to post!
This was probably not meant to be funny. but I think it is hilarious!

The Cats of Parliament Hill

One of the millions of beautiful trees. 
Cobblestone in Montréal.  







12 comments :

  1. I am so very, very proud of you for continuing your education. And your pictures are lovely. I hope you and your husband have a very long and happy life together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a great shot of the cats of Parliament Hill. So sad to hear they're being phased out. And there's one more stereotype in your French artist/smoking/beret photo -- the sign in the background that says "Montreal poutine"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I shared your enthusiasm for learning, I'm just debating on whether or not I should drop my college class. I hate it. Life's too short.

    Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have something in common. Husbands who are bald.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! I love your wedding shots. I wish you both a lifetime of happiness. And I laughed out loud with the photo of the artist in Montreal (the city I was born in, and lived in till 2009) because there is a lot of stereotype in it, particularly the poutine sign!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey its marvellous how happy you are by learning, a great thing to keep on doing... we never know it all.. dont worry about the weight it will come off with all that loving with your new husband... you will see difference in a few months, and perhaps if you make little changes in your diet.. Its wonderful that you are the newly weds... whoohoo to that.. keep on learning and loving... all the best J

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a hilarious observation about the mausoleum...when I lived in NYC, there was a produce company called "Biggest Banana." I suppose it doesn't take a lot of imagination to connect the dots on that one ;)

    Great wedding pics btw!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soppy tears in my eyes. They are beautiful photos. I was scrolling through, laughing with you, in awe at the trees foliage and then... Then I came to the wedding photos and my eyeballs started to leak. Simply beautiful. Congratulations again.

    And thank you for your very helpful link to assist with my blog problem. Sadly it didn't work - but I have asked the guru and hope to get a solution.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AAHHh the love of learning... it is great... I loved university to know end and wanted to continue... well done for going for it. I am so proud of you... I smile every time I do my rare visits to the blog world because your posts and pictures bring joy... Loved the fall tree with its beautiful colors and your wedding pictures... wow so romantic... a huge hug to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great shots...looks like you 2 had a great vacation...
    Look up that "Lose-it" web-site I had told you about...at least it makes you accountable to yourself, about what you stuff in your face...
    It really helped me...
    Just saying...

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous pics! That tree was a beautiful color!!

    Congrats again on getting married! So romantic to do it the way you did!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pics. Thanks for taking us along on your trip. You look so happy. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18