I have been working more than I want to. I started at 8:30 this morning and finished at 9:00 this evening. I did have a 3 hour gap (does anyone like split-shifts) which was filled with appointments and doing things that women do. The good news is I am going to have a nice cheque coming to me but I have never been one driven by money so I am not overly excited about that. The bad news is I am really, really tired. I am just going all the time. I don't really have time to eat and I am losing weight. Nice to lose weight but a really bad and unhealthy way to do it.
I miss my mom every second of the day. I think about her at least every hour. She speaks to me through music. You know what? I feel closer to her now than I did when she was alive. It is strange. I was very close to my mom when she was here on earth but now I feel this connectedness. I can't explain it in words.
There are lots of other things going on. Here is a recap.
- I finished my Christmas shopping tonight.
- We had a deer sleep in our yard today which was lovely but now I am wondering if there is any point to planting vegetables next year.
- My brother continues to be a twit. He doesn't work. He was supposed to pick my dad up tonight at the ferry tonight but he wasn't in the mood so he asked me to do it. He said he couldn't drive that far because he needs new tires for his truck. But, apparently his truck works well enough to go to a Christmas party. Twit.
Ah. Nice to hear your voice, Birdie. What a wonder to hear your mother's voice through music!
ReplyDeleteAs to the deer- you are going to need one hell of a fence.
As to your brother- a twit's a twit.
Love...Mary
It sounds as though you're clawing your way back. I'm guessing that your brother's Twitdom is not sudden onset. Remember, they can only do to you that which you let them. Embrace him or go after him with a big stick. You have choices. (He'd be on my list of why I shouldn't be allowed to own a gun).
ReplyDeleteMake time to take care of yourself too! This time of year is so full and stressful! Try to enjoy it too though. :)
ReplyDeleteLife has been getting in the way of my blogging too. I think it's okay to take a break if you need one.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great holiday.
Barbara, I'm glad that at least you are getting a fat check and that you are getting out of the house.
ReplyDeleteAbout your brother; we all have someone like him in all of our families!
I hope that you have a healthy and love-fill Christmas and thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my blog.
Carinos,
I"m not writing much either, just lots of stuff rolling around inside my head. Don't forget to take of yourself woman. Sending hugs.
ReplyDeletePut human hair on your plants and it's supposed to keep the deer away...Of course the question is where the h*ll are you gong to get human hair. I guess you could go to you local beauty salon and sweep their floor...or not.
ReplyDeleteI am back on the.ig again eager to know how you have been doing. Seems like you have been Good busy ... That's good but Barbara be good, forgiving, patient and gentle with yourself too. You are dear to your mother.
ReplyDelete