I had never heard this version of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" until this weekend. It is so beautiful. I think my mom wanted me to hear them. I send it on to all of you that are missing someone this Christmas. Do you like these lyrics better or less?
Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Let your heart be light
Next year all our troubles will be
out of sight
Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Make the yule-tide gay
Next year all our troubles will be
miles away
Once again as in olden days
Happy golden days of yore
Faithful friends who were near to us
Will be dear to us once more
Someday soon, we all will be together
If the Fates allow
Until then, we'll have to muddle through somehow
So have yourself a merry little Christmas now
(And Judy Garland is the last word on a perfect voice. Maybe Karen Carpenter as well.)
I loved it! Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this....I have heard it many times but did not know the words were so touching!
ReplyDeleteSo lovely. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteJudy and Karen both had beautiful voices. And it was so sad that we lost both of them so young.
ReplyDeleteThis has been my FAVORITE Christmas song and version for years now. Her voice is filled with such feeling, even some pain. I just think it's heartbreaking, yet hopeful! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI love Judy's version.
ReplyDeleteHave a happy Christmas, dear Birdie.
Isn't this Meet Me In St. Louis? I love this movie,. Treat yourself and watch the entire movie.
ReplyDelete