Sunday, July 03, 2011

Ugly Wood Paneling

What a crazy week it has been.  There is so much work to be done to our new home.  We have all been working very so hard, even my kids.  My last official day in my condo is July15 so I have been running back and forth between both locations.  As promised here are some pictures!
The front.  If you look out our front window you can see a Provincial park. 

Living Room.  I love the bay window. Fireplace is gas.  Only one house across the street and the owner is baker of delicious cookies.  She brought us a batch to welcome us to he neighborhood. 

Dining Room.  Curtains need to go but I love the real wood floor. It is all throughout the upstairs and we have plans to take out the carpet so we can see this gorgeous wood.

Master bedroom.  Yes, the wallpaper is going!


Half the backyard.  Actually it is about 1/4 of the backyard.  There is a lot of space behind all the shrubs right in front of this picture.  This will eventually be converted to a vegetable garden and a home for chickens!


Hanging the flag!


(Belated) Happy Canada Day!


Renovations downstairs. 


My boy demolishing stuff!


Renovation junk.  The pile is twice this size now. 


Who invented fake wood paneling?  Was it the same person who invented high heeled shoes?  What a nincompoop.  I actually think the curtains are kind of funky in a 60's kind of way but they are old and smelly. This room is going to be gutted and turned into a basement suite.  


And this is the piece I ripped off the wall and caused a small flood.  But I did fix it! 


So there you go!  Lots of work to be done but I LOVE our new home.  I am over the moon happy. There have been a few times when the tears have come and I wonder how I am going to go on when my mom dies but I know she has been almost as excited as I am about this.  Sending love to my American blogging friends.  Happy 4th of July!   

21 comments :

  1. Looks awesome Barbara! I love the front yard and wooden floors... looks so warm and cozy even now without furniture... i bet it will look wonderful once you move your belongings in... Thanks so much for sharing... looks like a beautiful summer in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yard, I love the floor, I love the fire place... Can I move in with you???


    LOL

    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making it YOURS and it will become ever more beautiful.
    Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting and how exhausting a new home is. And what a blessing to have it in this economy. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 04, 2011

    Looks lovely. I miss Vancouver Island.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm tired just looking at those pictures! It's a beautiful house and it's going to be even more so when you're finished working on it. Congrats and happy (late) Canada day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. tender looking forward times. good. wonderful even.

    love your flag:)

    xo
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousJuly 04, 2011

    I love the hardwood floors! And it sounds like you have a good-sized piece of land, which is always wonderful. Thanks for the 4th of July wishes!

    Good luck with your new home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried to post already so I hope this gets through.

    Hi Birdie. This looks like a lot of hard work but also so exciting! The rooms look so airy and light, gorgeous. I also like to look of your outdoor space. Congratulations. Have fun working together to get it ready. Enjoy your new neighbours too. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow yall have been working hard but it is beautiful! I hate wood paneling too. Well hate is a strong word but dislike it. Nice plans for the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its a beautiful home and the greenery in the front gives it such a lovely country-meets-the-city look.
    I think the house has such a good vibe so hang in there with all the repairs.
    Have a great week,

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are building new memories and I am intending they go on and on and on.... and you create a place to hold the memory of you beloved mother as well - perhaps she can make one visit? Hard, but exciting, times!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh congrats on your new home. I'm sure it's an added stress to your life at the moment but it's also probably a good distraction for you. I love that hanging the flag was one of the first orders of business. Hugs to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah it looks amazing - and what's more - it is yours - it's a mare when you are thinking oh god i have so much to do - but it does give you chance to start again and make it all the more yours - and whatever may come - your mum will always be there in one way and full of love and happy blessings to you xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks very nice and comfortable,the floor is amazing.Congrats and enjoy!
    (I bought my blouse on ebay store " yunlee gift store", i'm glad you like it and thanks for your comment)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good karma there! May you be happy in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Birdie -- Oh, Oh. This renovation of yours reminds me of a few houses that I have worked on in the past. It truly is an awful lot of work! But once you get settled in and you look around you will forget about most of the work. At least I did. Looking forward to photos of the finished results -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  18. You've got some nice set of windows here! I especially like the center window; so many decoration opportunities. If you love curtains, there are many curtain design possibilities too. I can imagine your living room with a chandelier that makes your house standout at night.

    Herb Koguchi @Kroll Window

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gotta love the big windows! That should let some light in and give a great green view of the lawn outside. But I have to agree with Herb. You have to put some curtains for some privacy from people looking in.

    Mary Martin

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the wide open space you have in the backyard. And those big windows will give you a great view from your living room. How are you doing, btw? Any recent grand renovations to your home?

    Lorilee

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18