I send this to my fiance. The reason I can get up each morning is because of you. I have sent you this song many times over the years but if never fails to express how I feel about you.
~~Blogger friends, what song makes you think of your partner? If you don't have a partner, what song reminds you of what you are hoping to find?~~
When I see you
In the morning
That old sleep
Still in your eyes
I remember
All the laughter
And the tears
We shared last night
And as we lie here
Just two shadows
In the light
Before the dawn
The sweetest thing
I've ever known
Is loving you
And I have never
Been afraid of losing
And I have never
Wanted love
To be a chain.
I only know that
When I'm with you
You're my sunshine
You're my rain
The sweetest thing
I've ever known
Is loving you
Now you and I
We're not children
We have both
Been loved before
We have given
And we have taken
Many rides
On troubled shores
And all the heartaches
and temptations
only make me
Love you more
The sweetest thing
I've ever known
Is loving you
And I have never
Been afraid of losing
And I have never
Wanted love
To be a chain
I only know that
When I'm with you
You're my sunshine
You're my rain
The sweetest thing
I've ever known
Is loving you
The sweetest thing.
I've ever known
Is loving you
In the morning
That old sleep
Still in your eyes
I remember
All the laughter
And the tears
We shared last night
And as we lie here
Just two shadows
In the light
Before the dawn
The sweetest thing
I've ever known
Is loving you
And I have never
Been afraid of losing
And I have never
Wanted love
To be a chain.
I only know that
When I'm with you
You're my sunshine
You're my rain
The sweetest thing
I've ever known
Is loving you
Now you and I
We're not children
We have both
Been loved before
We have given
And we have taken
Many rides
On troubled shores
And all the heartaches
and temptations
only make me
Love you more
The sweetest thing
I've ever known
Is loving you
And I have never
Been afraid of losing
And I have never
Wanted love
To be a chain
I only know that
When I'm with you
You're my sunshine
You're my rain
The sweetest thing
I've ever known
Is loving you
The sweetest thing.
I've ever known
Is loving you
Aw! Beautiful sentiment and song! There is a song called "Say It" by Don Williams that always makes me think of my hubby. :)
ReplyDelete:)
ReplyDeleteYou're in looooooooooooooooooove!
I forgot to answer... every time I hear Portishead I remember my hubby-to-be, no matter what song as long as I hear Beth Gibbons screaming (oppss) singing:)
ReplyDeleteMy whole life I've wished I could find a man that made me feel the way Miss Etta James' "At Last" made me feel. I finally did, he is The Real Deal for sure. Only took me 39 years to find him.......
ReplyDeleteAhh that is so lovely- music is such a powerful medium, it really is.
ReplyDeleteWe had loads - so many I can't imagine.
But -you had me from Hello' by bonjovi - first time i heard it i know i would use it as the first dance at our wedding
And Angel by stabbing westward. - again i knew i would use it for my wedding entrance - and took it from the bridge because of the following words.
"I believed in nothing
But you believe in me
I thought that life was worthless
But you told me I'm a star
But I've never been loved by an angel
I've never felt anything so pure
I've never been loved by an angel
Until tonight when your heaven filled my room"
Even reading the lyrics makes me tear up - and it was the perfect rock entrance without being a run of the mill rock song that everyone uses. ;D
Have you thought much about your wedding?