Sunday, April 24, 2011

Time Away



My fiancé and I went away this weekend.  We both needed the time away. 




Spring had arrived.


 Someone doesn't understand what being green means.  That is almost a sin here on the west coast. 


I made another cat friend.  I have made a lot of cat friends in my travels. 

I went into Chinatown where I bought come CD's and an amethyst that I can squeeze my grief into.

I found a message for all of us on some steps.  

I found some seagulls to love.
I love crows too.  Because someone has to.


I searched for a four-leaf clover so  I could make a wish.
  I didn't find one. 







We went to different book stores where I cried in the death and grieving section.  A thought came to me while standing there that maybe if I never moved again my mom would not be able to die.  I cried on the way home because I am returning to something I am not ready to deal with.  I returned to my kids and my cat.  And life continues even if I don't want it to.


Namaste


  

7 comments :

  1. YOu mother will never leave you Birdie... she will always be with you and your children and members of the extended family...
    I loved you post... lovedthe format of it with all the pictures... I love animals... all kinds... love watching nature shows... and going on Safaris... I just loved your animal pictures... and the others as well...
    That saying on those steps? ... certianly describe you...
    You are stronger than you think my darling Birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos. I am glad you got away. Those littering sinners drive me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birdie, I wish you all the best and I loved your photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your photos as well - those stairs are excellent! I need to print that out and slap in on my fridge. Birdie, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crying is good. Crying will help. eventually you will stop.
    Be kind to yourself and those you love, but first of all, be kind to yourself.
    Forgive yourself, don't punish yourself. None of it is your doing and you cannot do anything except be there, be kind.

    My love and best wishes to you in this hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pics, yes the garbage in the green is awful? Sorry for the grieving, we do with our Moms. We love them so much....Hope you feel better

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Birdie, in my parents house we only get four-leaf clovers, so if you really want one, send me your adress and I'll be sooooooooooooooo happy to send you one for you to have more luck.

    Remember, you're already truly bessed!

    Kiss

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18