Monday, April 14, 2014

I am at the point where I have become so busy that I have to decide between reading and commenting on posts or posting myself. I will do a short post tonight and try to catch up on reading tomorrow.

Today was so busy. Al Anon, library, groceries, taking my son to an appointment, mowed the lawn, went to a meeting of the local historical society, cleaned the bathroom, changed the bed, took the kids to school, picked them up, e mailed people, ordered an ipod, did laundry... I think there was other stuff but I am too tired to remember now. There is already a list started for things I didn't get to today that have to be done tomorrow. But, you know what? I don't mind at all because it is so great to finally feel good again!

As I said, tonight I went to a meeting of the local historical society. I am the youngest person by about 20 years, maybe 30. They had presentation and I would like to know why anytime any group has a presentation with a computer and a projector nobody knows how to work it. There is always a problem. And there is always some guy named Bud who knows how to fix it.  Just once I would like to see someone turn it on and it works. When I was sitting down some guy came up behind me and stood about 6 inches behind me. A major infringement on my personal space. He was so close I got shivers down my back. They had a 50/50 draw which leads me to another question. Why is it when they have a 50/50 draw and call out the number the person that wins has no fucking clue that they won? They call the number. No response. They call the number again. No response. They number is called again and some twit goes, "Oh, that's me!" Whenever they draw for 50/50 I have my ticket cleaned in my fingers willing them to call my numbers but they never do. Ever. Pisses me off. 

OK, that is it. I need to have a bath and go to bed. 

21 comments :

  1. Busy, busy, busy. I haven't achieved a fraction of that today (this week).
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a spring chicken in that group huh!.. nice to be bust at times.. enjoy your rest - my day is just beginning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do not hug me and do not hover in my space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No clue what a 50/50 is unless you're having a coin flipping contest. I have personal space issues, so I would have told the person breathing down your neck, "yo, Geritol, back off at least far enough that I'm not hovering in your Depends stank." Okay, maybe not, but I would have moved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the thing with history - the older you get, the more it interests you. There are lots of jokes here about marrying historians (because they get more interested as you get older.....) but I shall refrain from offering any more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're all called Bud because it's really always the same guy. Bud does nothing else with his life but go from meeting to meeting helping clueless people with their audiovisual equipment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahahaha....oh, Debra! Bahahahaha... You just kill me sometimes with that sense of humour :)

      Now, I have nothing to add that can top that.

      Delete
  7. hahaha, "twit" -- love that word! And am very happy to hear you are feeling good :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL...

    you accomplished a lot! That always feels so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feeling good is too often taken for granted. Six inches.... yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't get people who invade personal space. I actually blurted that out to someone in our organization at an event the other day: "K!" PERSONAL SPACE!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is this your first iPod or have you had them before? We really like ours. Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Birdie,

    You sound upbeat. You're are keeping busy. Positive distractions, as you know, are vital to your well being. Blogging is such a tricky balance. I find that getting the balancing between commenting all over the place and commenting back on my own blog to be most time consuming.

    Keep smiling, even through gritted teeth :)

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Silly question coming up.....
    What does your husband do all day?
    Perhaps drive someone ?
    Sorry...I said it was a silly question......
    Glad that you are feeling better....really glad♥️
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. And why can't the person who knows how to fix the equipment be named Linda? Why is it always Bud? (Oh, do I sound bitter? Oops.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hear you on being too busy to read posts and post at the same time. I'm so happy that you're feeling good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like happy busy, which is great! A blessed Easter to you and yours dear friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just got your comment. And since I can't locate you on email, I'll answer here.

    Cheers and boogie boogie.

    ============

    I have not had that problem, Birdie.

    Before I started seeing my doctor my spine was in terrible shape from the scoliosis. Now my shoulders go back on their own and I don't have a hump.

    So for me, it's been all good. Sorry to hear they terrify you.

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18