So, about my eyes being those of a 90 year old. I went to the optometrist last week and besides being told that my lenses were in upside down I was also told my eye health was terrible. I know I don't eat well. Up until now I have not been able to eat well. Poverty and eating well is difficult sometimes. I eat very little meat. Anyway, the doctor told me in no uncertain terms that I need to eat way more oil from fish, specifically sardines. *Sardines* xxSardinesxx. ~Sardines~
I hate sardines. They are small and slimy and and very fishy smelling. But I am going to eat them anyway. I have a bowl beside me of sardines spiced with jalapeno on sesame melba toast. I mixed it them with fat free cream cheese. And you know what? They are not that bad. Not good like a bag of salt n'vinegar chips but not bad.

I am been forcing myself to eat sardines recently too. I gulp them down on crackers. I have to do them fast thanks to three cats who boldly try to grab them out of my mouth.
ReplyDeleteYou silly woman! Come to Portugal and I'll teach you how to eat them with pleasure. There's nothing better than sardines cooked in the barbecue with green peppers salad and a glass of portuguese red wine. I LOVE THEM!
ReplyDeleteKiss
I have seen them packaged in mustard. That might lighten the taste a little.
ReplyDeleteFunny, your word verification word is berps. Funny.
I take a fish oil supplement pill...I also have bad eyes.
ReplyDeleteOh you poor thing.... glad you are braver now than before and are trying Sardines.... cook them with tomato sauce, sliced tomatoes, onions and green peppers... hope you will find a recipe that suits you... much Reiki to your beautiful kind eyes.
ReplyDeleteAndrew Weil, MD is big on sardines. I went though a spell eating them because they are supposed to be so healthy but yack.
ReplyDeleteOh my dear sardines are a very good food and healthy, sure your cholesterol will come down soon!.
ReplyDeleteyou are bad!
ReplyDeleteget away from those salt 'n' vinegar chips and eat your sardines, NOW.
I like sardines on toast, with a thin sliver of raw onion. Do not add additional fat, woman, they don't need cream cheese.
Listen to your auntie Friko.
And eat carrots for your eyes.
When I was a kid, we played this game called sardines. It was like hide and seek except one person would go hide and everyone else would look for him. When you found him, you'd get in the hiding place with him until everybody was crammed into the same space - like sardines.
ReplyDeleteThat's the only pleasant thing I associate with - ew! - sardines. :D
I love the list; I just find out so much more about you in one posting!!
ReplyDeleteI'm happily surprised that you meet your fiance online because some of my girlfriends had so many disappointments with the guys that they had meet online that I have never, ever consider going thru online dating myself.
Can you eat salmon instead? So much better tasting!
ReplyDelete