Saturday, July 16, 2011

My New Home!

I am sitting here posting as I usually do, on my bed.  Bare feet (because I hate socks) and leaning against some pillows.  What has changed is I am now finally in my new home.  I am looking out the window and it is pouring rain.  It is so quiet I can hear wind and the rain making their magical sounds.  A boy just rode by on his bike;  I could hear the swish of rain underneath his tires and the gentle hum when he peddles.  It is so quiet. 
My condo is now empty of all my earthly possessions.  I left the keys on the mantle and locked the door for the last time.  A relief.  Back at my condo trains go by. Cars, trucks and 18-wheeler trucks speed by 24 hours a day.  The condo is on the main highway through town and is the road used by ambulances, fire trucks and police cars.  Drunks walk by in the night screaming and bellowing and making me sensitive spirit tense.  But all that is done now. I have wanted few material things in life and a quiet house was one of them.  I have been waiting for over 20 years and now I have it.  I have my place of solitude and quiet.  
So now, I am going to sit and listen to the rain.  

20 comments :

  1. congratulations! you deserve happiness and a nice quiet house to rest your mind and re-charge!

    thank you for sharing this!

    have a lovely rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that? Super Cool! I am so so so HAPPY for you!

    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raining on your first night is so auspicious - a shower of blessings that you so deserve. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Enjoy it, every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How I love the rain... always thought it a blessing... congratulations my dearest Barbara... you certainly deserve it. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blog! :))


    If you want, follow me and I'll follow you back. :)
    http://liberty-walk-sara.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I looove this post - well-writtena and sooooo peaceful. The photo is beautiful. And this line - "So now, I am going to sit and listen to the rain" is perfect!

    Congratulations! You've made a huge step and a wise one.

    By the way, I never had a chance to tell you how much your comment on my dog post helped. You wrote back that you were afraid you may not have expressed your feelings well or something, but NO! It was perfect, truly!

    Thanks for being a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful. Enjoy the peace and quiet, and the rain. It really sounds just wonderful. I love the sound of the wind and the rain!

    So glad you have your quiet house after your long wait. Blessings for your new home. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. AnonymousJuly 17, 2011

    I need peace and quiet too. Congratulations and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh how peaceful... sitting in the quiet with the sound of falling rain as the backdrop... soothing... wonderful....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Landings, dear Birdie.

    May peace and quiet be your lot in life from now on, for a long as you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know your feelings right now. I am a person of solitude within my wooded environment. If I want noise I know where to find it -- on the busy streets of town. You will love where you have moved -- I know you already know that --- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your new home :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am glad you have your quiet house. Enjoy it, revel in it, and sleep well tonight. You deserve the peace.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A new home = never having to wearing socks unless you have to.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad you are taking some time to just relax and listen to the rain. I love the sound of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It sounds like you have found the perfect perch. Congrats.. I'm so happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad you finally enjoy your nice and comfortable home!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  19. There’s no place like home indeed. There’s nothing more peaceful than staying in a particular place inside your house and just savoring the serenity of the place. That has to be one of the most fulfilling things for a person to experience ever. ;)

    ~ Lakisha Zimmerer

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18