Saturday, December 29, 2012

Well, Christmas is over and I still did not get an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred short range model air rifle.  But I did get other good things so I can't complain. Christmas day was very nice.  I saw my aunts and uncles and cousins.  I am fortunate to have a gaggle of cousins that were all born within a year of each other. We had a hoot growing up!  We would  maul love the big St. Bernard who eventually went to live on a farm.  It was only about 10 years ago that I learned she didn't really go live in a farm.  How gullible am I? Anyway, Christmas was nice but I am glad it is over. The whole thing is always so overwhelming isn't it? 
And wa-hoooo the days are getting longer! 3 more months until Spring!  It is that time of the year where we Canadians don't have any long weekends in site until Easter.  I have heard some rumours that our B.C. government is adding one in February but my employer has not said anything about it.  
So that is about it.  Nothing else is new.  I am going to ring in the new year in my bed.  Sleeping, I hope.  My daughter is having some friends over and I am going to see if I can talk my hubby into ordering Indian food.  Other than that I am staying put.  Too many crazies on the road as my mom used to say. 

14 comments :

  1. I usually go to bed on New Year's Eve at my regular bedtime too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been getting the Family Day Monday for the past few years now, here in Ontario.

    Indian food sounds good! We're doing our usual neighbourhood party.. about 8 or 10 families on our street get together and not a single person need drive.

    I hope the New Year brings you much happiness, Birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ontario officially has Family Day somewhere around Valentine's which is total bullshit and no one cares except for the paid day off (unless you happen to be an employer that has to pay folks for nothing)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good time.

    In Alberta we have a Family Day in February - usually around the 18th/19th ish - then the kids are off school that whole week too - so it's like a half term break. I welcome any days going!

    Mmmmm, Indian food - now you have me salivating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good time.

    In Alberta we have a Family Day in February - usually around the 18th/19th ish - then the kids are off school that whole week too - so it's like a half term break. I welcome any days going!

    Mmmmm, Indian food - now you have me salivating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so nice to see all the family...but it is also nice to get back to normal
    I am waiting on Spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been making Indian food a lot lately. But it's always nicer if someone cooks for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are not alone Birdie, here in the UK our next public holiday is Easter too followed by 2 in May! I reckon we could easily move one to the nearest Monday to Valentine's Day. I shall write to the Queen immediately! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool that you grew up close with all your cousins! Mine are few and far between. Mind you, with our family tree, it's probably a blessing.
    Happy New Year! I hope it brings you all the joy you deserve!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had some fun with your cousins and family. Yes I agree I am usually more than glad to get back to normality if there is such a thing. This year however it would be nice to stay in this no-man's land between Christmas and New Year - just for a while longer please. No? Oh well. See you in the New Year Birdie and sleep well. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. We used to have an Indian buffet nearby that was good. A couple mild dishes (yay for me) and a couple very hot ones (yay for hubby) but it seems they have closed. Will have to keep a lookout for another place.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We get Family Day in February here in Ontario...big deal...it usually falls in the middle of the week...I guess if I was working I might appreciate it more..

    Glad you made it thru Christmas...
    Vivian was adorable...
    Staying home New Years as well...
    Probably make some mussels and get some scallops...

    Live it up!!!!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad to read that you got to spend some good times with your family.
    Have a happy, healthy new years' and enjoy some well deserve sweet dreams on the eve of 2013!
    Send you my love, Ofelia

    ReplyDelete
  14. The New Year (around five hours away) will have to find its own way in this year. I am confident that it knows the way, and I will greet it in the morning.
    I am very, very glad that Christmas treated you kindly and can only say SNAP to your pleasure that is is over for another year.
    Happy New Year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18