Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I mentioned in my last post that I had been sworn to secrecy about an upcoming event.  That event is not passed so now I can talk about it.  My sister got married on the weekend!  She and her partner have two children together and have been together forever.  They finally decided to get married as a surprise at my niece's first birthday party.  I was told because I had to get the time off work.  The ceremony was short and intimate.  They had their two daughters standing up with them and they all held hands. My sister, the thrifting queen had a gorgeous ivory dress on that she found second-hand.  Her husband was dressed in his typical casual style.  It was really nice.  I never thought my sister was going to have children, let alone get married so it was an extra special day.  
My papa (grandfather) celebrated his 90th birthday this weekend.  Bless his heart, he didn't recognize anyone.  Oh well, I think he had a nice time.  Unfortunately, I am still not feeling well and had to leave early.  My home toilet was calling.  
Not much else going on.  Kids are almost finished school for the year.  Yay!  I always love it when they are home.  I got these new books today.   Mind of a Raven, Gifts of the Crow,  In the Company of Crows and Ravens and  Too Loud, Too Bright, Too Fast, Too Tight: What to Do If You Are Sensory Defensive in an Overstimulating World.  They should keep me busy for a couple of weeks.  
What are you currently reading? 

18 comments :

  1. AnonymousJune 12, 2012

    Seems all I ever read is blog posts and the rest of my time is doing daily chores:)
    Congrats to your sister & family!
    Feel better soon
    ~~Blessings~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your sister and "new" brother-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose it is a treat indeed for children when their parents finally marry, as if it reinforces a bond of love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your sister! I'm reading Edward St. Aubyn's "The Patrick Melrose Novels."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your sister and her family. I do hope you will be feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey congratulations to your sister and a hug to your Papa - if he likes hugs. ;)
    I went to the library on Monday after my therapy session and because I am on leave from work for a week. Took out too many books to read! lol Inlcuding Full Catastrophe Living by John Kabet-Zinn(at last), Affuenza by Oliver James(also long on my reading list), The a few fiction titles that grabbed my attention from the titles and the blurb - Emotional Geology by Linda Gillard, Half Life by Roopa Farooki, and These things hidden by Heather Gudenkauf. Sorry to hear you are still not well. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Birdie .. isn't that great about your sister - many congratulations to the whole family .. wonderful news. How lovely that your grandfather still enjoys his hugs ..

    Blog reading and Jubilee posting .. so much going on here in England at the moment ..

    Sorry you're not feeling well still - hope it all eases .. with thoughts Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats all around! and take care of yourself, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousJune 13, 2012

    I'm reading The Collected Poems of Dorothy Parker.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to your sister! Wish I was as literary as Sally & could say I was reading Dorothy Parker (that's going on the list!) but I'm practicing good literacy by refusing to read that "Shades of Gray" bs...does that count? Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not reading anything...well...of course...this blog!!!
    Too busy with my gardens etc...hopefully back to the lake tomorrow...thanks for visiting me...

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Birdie, congratulations to you sister and her family. Marriage is a big commitment.

    Congratulations to grandpa. Many people can only dream of reaching that age.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy news about your sis and bro-inlaw. Congrats to them!

    Hope you're feeling better now!

    I just finished 'Her Fearful Symmetry' and 'Dracula, the Undead' and am now reading 'Heresy' which is about a 16th century monk who escapes the monastery after being caught reading a book on the banned list.
    I've got a few others waiting after that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats to the couple, yeay:)


    There is something for you in my blog:)

    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cograts :)
    foto-move.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, congratulations to your sister...how wonderful for them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's happy news for you!

    I feel the same way about the Wallses. I am reading her next book, Half Broke Horses, and it's very good.

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18