Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Doesn't this country cottage look lovely?  Look how the ivy covers the outside making it look inviting.  Well don't be fooled!  I give this house 3 months before the ivy cracks the foundation and the house crumbles.  Yes, I am still pulling this shit out. I hate it.  Even though I am wearing gloves my arms are scratched all to hell.  I look like a cutter. Here in my arm.  I have no idea why it looks so long. 
A couple weeks ago I ordered this.  It is a sprinkler that is motion-activated to keep deer from eating my garden but it will keep The Ungrateful Bastard out as well.  I can't wait to see him going in to take a dump on my radishes.  It will be so funny! 
I want to thank all of you for the love you send to me. Today I was thinking for the movie Babe and I remembered this song.  I am sending it to all of you. 


If I Had Words 

If I had words to make a day for you, 
I'd sing a morning golden & true 
I would make this day last for all time 
then fill the night deep with moonshine. 
If I could make a day for you 
I'd give you a morning golden & true 
I would make this day last for all time 
then fill the night deep with moonshine.



15 comments :

  1. I've puled ivy down from the back of my house a few times now. It's very stubborn. I do like how it looks though.

    I wonder how long until that that sprinkler turns off after the creature leaves. Sounds like a good solution.. until you have an ultra hot day.. and then they stop by for a shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was young, there was an ivy-covered brick university building that I just loved! But they had to take all the ivy down because it was eroding the mortar between the bricks. I understand why, but the building has never looked so beautiful since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just recently read a gardening tip that said "Don't plant English Ivy". Well that tip came 20 years too late for me. However, mine is no where near the house and hasn't choked out anything else. I think all the other plant mistakes I made have kept it in check.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been spraying my ivy with round-up to stop it from creeping up the deck I absolutely LOVE the movie Babe and that song awww thanks I sing it right back to you :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJune 28, 2012

    i think this everytime i see "pretty house" covered in ivy. my arms get cut to pieces just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lordy this post made me laugh out loud - you really have a way with words! I'm with you on the ivy front - not many people realise how damaging it can be to brickwork - my Father-in-law is obsessed with it - he practically climbs into random peoples front yards to warn them to strip it down - wether they want to know or not - lol!
    Paula x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always imagined all that ivy would invite a ton of bugs trying to get into the house too, but then... what do I know?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of it, but I don't know if I could let all that Ivy take over.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's how it goes, good days and bad days and inbetween days.

    You'll make it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousJuly 01, 2012

    Oh Birdie, your arm looks terrible! Bless you heart. It does look so beautiful but I had no idea it destroyed the foundation.

    That is such a beautiful song and I send the same to you sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ivy is such a girl. Teach her who is boss! Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see you are at it again!!!
    I have Ivy on the north and west side of my house...are you telling me that I have to tear it all down???

    Good thing my schedule is clear on Wednesday!!! hA hA hA...not bloody likely!!

    Hope you enjoyed your long weekend

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I had a house the ivy crept under the siding and loosened it and even into the windows, looking almost menacing between the screen and the pain. The thought of it makes me itch now. I know all about those scratches too. You are so funny Birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AnonymousJuly 05, 2012

    This post made me glad I live in an apartment and appreciate my mom even more. Thank you for the reminder, Birdie. One foot in front of the other, yes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OORsz2d1H7s&feature=fvwrel

    ReplyDelete
  15. What lovely words Birdie. You too. Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18