OK, onto other subjects. Does anyone else think the pictures of numbers on the word verification are creepy? They look like house numbers.
I need to go get ready for work. Sleep well, blog friends.
It is now about 12 hours later and I am still in a bad mood. Even the chirping birds are pissing me off. Is it just me or does anyone else have days when you hate everything? Here are some things that I hate right now.
- Having to pee every 20 minutes when I drink water.
- It won't stop raining here. My garden is going to drown.
- TV and all the stupid reality shows. Why is everyone so mean to each other and why are people watching it? Bullying is alive and well and people are eating it up despite what people think.
- There is nothing to do in my city. You either go to the bar or go to the bar. When there are things to do they are on the weekend but I can't go because I have to work.
- My fiancé is talking and talking right now and I just want to sit and blog. (Sorry my love, I know you read this blog. I love you very much but I am in a foul mood today.)
- I am sick to death of political correctness. If I say something that is not politically correct it is not because I am a bigot or racist. It does not mean that I think I am better than anyone. I am just saying words that were OK to use in my day and I can't keep up with all the right ways to say things.
- Yogurt commercials and the size zero women they use to try to convince to me to eat yogurt. (Just as I typed that a Danone commercial came on.)
- Newspapers.
- Crappy drivers. I am good driver. I have never even been in a fender bender nor have I ever had a speeding ticket and it pisses me off that I have to pay so much for insurance.
I am going to stop now. I hope my mood improves. I am going to go to bed and take an Ativan.

As I get older, I'm turning into a curmudgeon too. I think it's a natural progression. Or deterioration, perhaps.
ReplyDeleteDitto..have a bad case of grouchy here also was talking to my friend and she said she felt the same way..no, real reason...this to shall pass:)
ReplyDelete~~HUGS~~
Grouchy is ok - we all have grouchy moments. Ok then sometimes grouchiness lasts longer than we wish it too and so we(i)have to take action to let the sweet sunshine back in. Grouchiness can also be funny - especially with your sense of humour Birdie.
ReplyDeleteI get how you feel about being overly affected by others negativity etc., I struggle with this too. x
I have always had crabby days as I have always found people to be annoying. Perhaps as we age we have less energy to deal with it.
ReplyDeleteHappens to the best of us.
ReplyDeleteAnd I don't like those numbers either!
if you are crabby, i say have fun with it! i know, oxymoron... but take that crabbiness and shovel it on top of someone who is deserving... like a giant pile of steaming poo...
ReplyDeletethat's what i would do :)
and i have such a hard time reading the word verification junk these days...
I hate those days. I begin to feel guilty for being crabby and not being appreciative and that makes me even crabbier - vicious circle really. I think we all have them at some point. I think getting enough sleep helps, and a little pampering of ourselves might help and then it too will pass. As for the numbers, they are scarey and ghostly and I can barely see them. Comment leaving, is getting harder all the time.
ReplyDeleteBirdie...I have been in a moody funk also the last two days, but I must say dear friend that your post just gave me the giggles...hehehe....thanks for brightening my day...even if that wasn't your intention;)
ReplyDeleteNirvani :-)
I indulge my inner crab by writing scathing reviews of restaurants that have pissed me off by providing less than enjoyable dining experiences and posting them on Tripadvisor. Take THAT Macaroni Grill, you will rue the day you served me lukewarm pasta! It helps to channel some of my negativity, and protects my loved ones from bodily harm.
ReplyDeleteI could have written most of this post. I am becoming a grumpy old woman I don't recognize. I had a rare, long conversation with my son, my oldest, about to head off into the world for college, about some of the things that piss me off, like our culture that celebrates young, slim and sexy, that judges you superficially.... and he said simply that things like that weren't worth the energy to get angry about, because they were not directly impacting me personally, that there was nothing I could do to change them and that I was personalizing a generalization. Damn kid was right.
ReplyDeleteI think there's a lot of anger potential built up in the aging woman. A lot of it justified, even if it is generalized. Some of it is deeply personal, though, like asshat drivers in my personal space, risking my safety.
Anyway, your post made me feel a little more normal. My aunt Joyce, as she aged, became literally the woman who yelled at passers-by from her front yard. She was mad as hell and wasn't going to take it anymore. Sis and I call our rage outbursts going Aunt Joyce on somebody. I don't want to be that person, and it's a battle somedays. Not enough ativan in the world, although I've switched to xanax, for a change of scenery. Neither one is a cure, just a way to calm down and try to rest at night. I like to think that if I were better rested, I wouldn't be so pissed off. I really am tired.
I feel your anger, and I wish there was a magic pill to tune it out. It takes really hard work to be happy, and even harder work to not be furious most days. I think being tired and 52 with teenagers would piss off most normal people though, don't you?
Hang in there :)
Seems like being grumpy, is rather well accepted in these circles!!!
ReplyDeleteCan I join too??? Pleeeease!!!
I'll get grumpy!!
Notice how that rhymes with frumpy...and lumpy...and dumpy..
eeeek! enough...now I am REALLY grumpy!!
Cheers!
Love your sense of humour...
Linda :o)
Hi, Birdie... I'm leaving this comment on your page b/c if I leave it on "reply" on mine I'm not sure you will ever see it:
ReplyDelete(on Karen Klein's purse)
Just to see what would happen I had sent her a Facebook friend request (on my main FB account, not my blog one) and surprisingly she accepted it. On her page someone out there found a link to buy the purse... and those bullies were wrong; it wasn't $5, lol!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007SYGBNQ/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_alp_kEF5pb1TR458C