Saturday, May 10, 2014

"In the best of times, our days are numbered anyway. So it would be a crime against nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things that we were designed in the first place: the opportunity to do good work, to enjoy friends, to fall in love, to hit a ball, and to bounce a baby." Alistar Cooke

23 comments :

  1. Hey Birdie. Just stopped in to say howdy.

    Howdy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To read a book, to stroke a cat, to watch a sunrise or sunset, to marvell at a rainbow, to laugh...
    Lovely to see a post from you.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We watched fireworks tonight from our backyard. It's our town's May Days celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do I have to bounce a baby? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. Yes. Your quote makes me think of Nelson Mandela speaking to the South African youth after he was released and when the violence was at it's peak. Not quite what he said to them but at the heart of his words. Peace. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousMay 11, 2014

    I hope you're doing all of those things! (Don't mix up the last two! Hahah!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am enjoying blog friends like you:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Life is a cabaret, old chum. Come to the cabaret!" That's my philosophy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you, Birde. Miss you, girl ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would agree, but I'm suspicious of anyone named Alistar. Sounds like a stripper name, "On stage 2, Ali Star, Ali Star report to stage 2."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we all know... how much you like strippers.

      Delete
  11. Hey, I hope you are doing ok!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funny that you should mention this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't been around in a while my friend. Good to see you are still around the interwebs. Hope all is well with you. I love the new blog layout!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Birdie,

    I'm not very well. But through my illness, I wish you better times.

    In empathy,

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  15. It isn't fun to be unwell. Wishing you good times soon.

    ReplyDelete

  16. Many Thanks for the shared this informative and interesting post with me.
    io gamesbx 2r 2020 | GamesBX 2 app 2020 | Mobileplaynow 2020 | Trendsgame 2020

    ReplyDelete

Come Let Us Reason Together...
Isaiah 1:18